Do you want to become a successful digital marketing consultant in 2020?
Since you are reading this blog then I consider your answer as a YES.
But do you think that there is still a scope of an online marketing consultant in 2020? If you think that the scope exists then you are right.
Online businesses are growing rapidly every day and they are seeking more customers and clients on digital networks. Thus the demand for a digital marketing consultant is high among these online businesses.
However, if you wish to become a successful digital marketing consultant then you need to be well aware of the current digital marketing trends.
Some of the latest digital marketing trends in 2020 are as follows:
- Social Media Marketing
- Paid Marketing
- YouTube Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Website Analytics
- Online Brand Management
Although all these digital marketing trends are quite common. If you want to become a successful digital marketing consultant you need to develop the right digital marketing strategy for any business.
Now here are the 7 steps to becoming a successful digital marketing consultant in 2020
You will find plenty of digital marketing tricks and strategies online but I am focusing on the most effective methods for becoming a consultant.
If you follow these methods efficiently then you can easily become a digital marketing consultant in 2020.
1. Define Your Niche
Before looking for clients you need to focus on the skills in which you are proficient. Once you are aware of your superpower then you can decide what services you will offer.
In simple words, focusing on your skills and client’s needs can help you in defining your niche.
You need to evaluate your superpower, like:
- Are you a pro in SEO and organic web traffic?
- Do you want to be an App marketing expert or Paid expert?
- Are you a lead generation expert or conversion optimizer?
- Is becoming an Email marketing strategist excites you?
- Do you want to be a Social Media specialist or branding expert?
2. Build Your Presence
Once you are aware of what service you will be offering next you need to build your presence.
By building your presence I meant building both online and offline reputation.
Building an online presence is the most crucial part of the digital marketing industry. But what should you do to build your presence?
You can simply set up your website and start working on its online presence.
This same strategy was implemented by Neil Patel in his early days of starting a digital marketing career. Therefore, this is the ultimate reason for his success as a digital marketing professional today.
Moreover, your website will help you in offering your services online. This also helps your clients in reaching you out while looking for these services.
Why you need your website
- Potential clients can learn and reach you out for your services
- Clients can easily contact you
- It will be a hub for your business
- You can also add reviews from your previous clients
3. Start Blogging
This is the ultimate practice that will help you in becoming the most successful digital marketing consultant in 2020.
You can simply start blogging on the services you offer or the best digital marketing tips and techniques in 2020. Blogging will help you in increasing your online presence and build an engaging community.
Blogging will offer you more value as a digital marketing professional. Thus, people will start considering you as an expert in that particular field.
Key steps to consider before blogging
- Blogs must be related to your services
- They should meet the SEO standards
- Most of them should never be too self-promoting
- Blogs should be promoted daily
- Content in your blogs must be updated as per the current trends
4. Develop Strong Network
Developing a strong social network will help you in promoting your consulting services in your community.
The chances of getting more clients will increase when you grow your online network.
Key points to improve your network
- Use your existing connections from corporate
- Approach your former managers, subordinate and business professional and schedule a meeting
- Your network will refer you to people who are actively looking for digital marketing consultants
- Connect with people who have a large audience in your specific industry
5. Be Pro-Active on Social Media
The power of social media in today’s digital era cannot be ignored. The number of users present on social media is increasing day by day.
In fact, as per the findings of Statista, the number of social media users will rise to 3.2 billion in 2021. Moreover, it was also found that Facebook was the most popular social media platform with 2.06 billion monthly active users.
On the other hand, other social media platforms like YouTube and WhatsApp have also gained maximum users over the years.
Therefore social media is one of the greatest platforms for promoting your consulting services. You can also connect with your potential clients on social media.
However, to be proactive on social media you need to be aware of the current social trends. This way you will be able to engage with your audience effectively.
- To stay updated with the latest trends in your industry
- To support your network and people near to you
- Promote your digital business
- Acquire vital consumer insights
- Run ad campaigns with immediate results
- Stay aware of competitors’ strategies
- Influence your connections
6. Attend Startup and Marketing Events
You will need to continuously grow your network even if you are performing well as an internet marketing consultant. This will ultimately help you in enlarging the scope of your business.
Therefore, you will need to meet new people to constantly grow your network. You can meet new people by attending local startup or marketing events.
It would be even great if you could join any event as a guest speaker. You can join several online communities where business groups are seeking digital marketing solutions.
Attending events will help you in
- Determining challenges that business came across related to marketing
- Identifying events that most business owners attend
7. Become Social Media Influencer
You can become a social media influencer by building relationships with people having the same interests. According to tap influence, 49% of online users take suggestions from social media influencers before triggering the purchase of any product.
The majority of the online users find social media influencers more close to them as compared to the big brand ambassadors. This is because customers can easily relate themselves with these influencers.
Therefore, by being a social media influencer you can gain the trust of your clients and build profitable relationships with them.
Social media influencers can
- Enhance organic search rankings
- Build trust
- Engage with a bigger target market
- Drive conversions
- Generate more leads
In this blog, I have covered 7 essential steps to becoming a successful digital marketing consultant in 2020. Now let’s just quickly recall all these 7 key steps in chronological order:
- Defining and focusing on your niche
- Building your social presence both online and offline
- Start blogging by creating your site
- Build and grow a strong network
- Become proactive on all social channels
- Take part in local startups and marketing sessions
- Grow yourself as a social media influencer
Considering all these key steps, you can also capitalize on your core skills to acquire more clients in 2020.
So according to you which step is the most crucial one?
Comment below your suggestions now.
Moreover, if you want to stay updated with the latest digital marketing tips then subscribe to my blogs now in the footer section.
If you own a company and are looking for digital marketing solutions then hire me now as a digital marketing consultant.