If you want to know how SEO works for b2b companies then you are reading the right blog post. In this blog, I will answer all the popular questions asked in the b2b SEO industry.
What is B2B SEO?
B2b SEO, also known as business to business SEO is the process of boosting organic search performance and rankings of business websites.
The purpose of b2b SEO is to put a business website in front of people that are most likely to buy your product or avail of your services.
Despite the industry difference between b2b and b2c, the SEO fundamentals remain constant. These SEO fundamentals are:
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Why SEO is important for B2B?
There are 3 main reasons why SEO is so much important for b2b companies nowadays.
1. Competition on B2B queries is low
Competition on most of the b2b queries is low as compared to the retail consumer queries.
So if you find your brand on the second or third page of the search engine on a specific query, then you must have a look at your top-ranked competitors.
Your competitors are at the top of the SERPs because they have the answer to the most popular questions in your industry on their websites.
Thus, you just need to do the same thing to show your expertise in your industry.
By doing so, your chances of outranking your competitors will increase and soon you will notice a spike in your search performance.
2. B2b SEO can boost your content rankings
You must have a blog on your web because it builds the trust and confidence of customers with your brand.
Here SEO can help you boost the organic search rankings of your blogs.
3. Higher mobile device traffic
As you already know that search traffic on mobile devices has beaten the traffic of desktop.
Therefore, if you are a b2b brand then you must have a mobile-friendly website.
Mobile-friendly means that your website must have faster load times, better user experience and optimized for the long tail keyword.
These are the 3 main reasons that define the importance of SEO for b2b.
5 Best B2B SEO Statistics
- According to MediaPost, organic search drives 51% of all visitors on b2b websites while paid search accounts for 10% and social only 5%.
- 89% of researchers use search engines during the b2b research process.
- As per the findings of b2bdigitalmarketers, 71% of researchers begin their b2b research with a generic search query.
- B2b researchers usually do 12 searches before engaging with a specific brand’s website.
- 52% of b2b searches on the search engines are made on mobile devices.
Why do B2B companies need SEO?
B2b companies need SEO because they want their website to reach every decision-maker that is highly likely to buy their product or service.
Moreover, as a b2b brand, you must be ranked at the top of the SERPs to show your brand trust and credibility.
Therefore, this is the only way you can sell your expertise to your targeted audience.
Does SEO Work for B2B?
Yes, SEO does work for b2b companies and this statement is also backed by the b2b SEO statistics we have just discussed above.
Organic search continues to be the most crucial customer acquisition channel for b2b companies.
You can enhance the growth of your brand if your website covers all the content your buyers search for during their purchase journey.
6 Steps Guide for B2B SEO Company
Here are the 6 steps guide for the success of a b2b SEO company in 2021:
- Create the customer persona of your target audience
- Find keywords that have a high purchase intent
- Find the most popular blog topics of your industry
- Optimize your service and product pages
- Develop a blog site and create highly valuable content
- Create a link building strategy to increase website authority
By following all these steps completed you will have a higher chance of getting the best possible results from SEO of your b2b company.
How do you do SEO for B2B?
The best way of doing SEO for b2b companies is by creating an effective SEO plan which outperforms your competitors.
Here I found this SEO plan which you can also use for your b2b brands. This SEO plan mainly consists of 7 steps which are as follows:
- Understand the persona of b2b decision-makers
- Comprehend and simplify your sales funnel
- Do keyword research keeping in mind your buyer persona
- Develop a keyword strategy that targets customers throughout their buying journey
- Develop and optimize the product and service pages
- Create an outstanding content development plan
- Focus on content marketing to earn backlinks
There are the 7 best ways you should be using to do SEO for your b2b websites.
5 Steps B2B SEO Strategy for 2021
If you want the SEO of your b2b websites to succeed you need to develop a brilliant b2b SEO strategy.
The best part here is that now you don’t have to create a b2b SEO strategy yourself.
I have already found the best b2b SEO strategy that will do wonders for your b2b company.
This b2b SEO strategy consists of 5 steps:
- Optimizing your website strategically for users
- Adopting smart link building practices
- Creating best title tags and meta descriptions
- Creating high-quality content consistently
- Increasing the domain authority of your website
How B2B SEO Company Works?
A b2b SEO company begins its work by developing an effective strategy to increase the organic search rankings of a b2b website.
The prime focus of a b2b SEO company is to find keywords that decision-makers in the b2b brands search for during their work.
Therefore, to get your b2b SEO company successful you only need to follow the right b2b SEO practices to get your content in front of these decision-makers.
8 Best SEO Tips for B2B Companies
- Create personalized content for your target audience
- Develop landing pages with higher chances of conversion
- Assure that content matches user intent
- Prioritize development of the mobile-friendly website
- Integrate live chat support on landing pages
- Use infographics to attract users and earn authoritative links
- Create content supported by statistics
- Optimize website for voice search
Is SEO Good for B2B?
Yes, SEO is extremely good for b2b because even in 2021, organic search remains the most popular traffic generation channel for b2b brands.
Hence, if you are a b2b brand and not investing in SEO then you must start focusing on it now.
Why B2B SEO Company is Bad?
There are 5 reasons a b2b SEO company can be bad (or at times worst) for your business websites.
- Getting involved in paid link schemes
- Thin or low-quality content on their website
- Not improving web pages for better user experience
- Ignoring your industry and competitor analysis
- Not communicating b2b SEO campaign results monthly
The motive of writing this blog post was to answer all the questions about b2b SEO that people usually search for on the SERPs.
I hope I have got it all covered in this blog.
If I am wrong about this and missed writing on something else about b2b SEO then please let me know in the comment section below.
Moreover, if you are a digital marketer or SEO expert who wants to stay updated with the latest b2b SEO marketing trends then you must subscribe to my blogs.
The subscription form is on the footer section of the blog.
Lastly, if you are a business owner and looking for a b2b SEO consultant then you can visit my hire me page now.